Sharon A. Spurgeon
Ms. Spurgeon has worked for the Coalinga Regional Medical Center since 1997. At the beginning of her career, her primary role was Patient Financial Services Manager, and in 2004 she was promoted to Chief Executive Officer.
In 2006, the hospital purchased an additional skilled nursing facility thereby increasing bed capacity from 78 to 123. In 2007, the hospital purchased a medical office building on campus and added a Rural Health Clinic to its operation.
In 2009, Ms. Spurgeon was named one of the Marjaree Mason Center’s Top Ten Professional Women. In 2010, Ms. Spurgeon received the Rural Champion in Community Leadership Award from the California State Rural Health Association. In 2014, Ms. Spurgeon received the Legislative Advocate of the Year Award from the Association of California Healthcare Districts.
Ms. Spurgeon participates on the following boards:
CALIFORNIA HOSPITAL ASSOCIATION
In 2016, Ms. Spurgeon currently serves as an At-Large Trustee for the California Hospital Association Board of Trustees.
- 2015 At-Large Trustee for the California Hospital Association
- 2014 Executive Committee for the California Hospital Association
- 2013 At-Large Trustee for the California Hospital Association
- 2012 At-Large Trustee for the California Hospital Association
- 2011 At-Large Trustee for the California Hospital Association
- 2010 At-Large Trustee for the California Hospital Association
HOSPITAL COUNCIL OF NORTHERN & CENTRAL CALIFORNIA
- 2015 Immediate Past Chair, Board of Directors of the Hospital Council of Northern and Central California
- 2014 Chair of the Board of Directors of the Hospital Council of Northern and Central California
- 2013 Chair Elect of the Board of Directors of the Hospital Council of Northern and Central California
- 2012 Secretary/Treasurer of the Board of Directors of the Hospital Council of Northern and Central California
CHA RURAL HEALTHCARE CENTER BOARD
Ms. Spurgeon currently serves on the 2016 CHA Rural Healthcare Center Board Chair
- 2015 CHA Rural Healthcare Center Board Chair Elect
- 2014 CHA Rural Healthcare Center Board
- 2013 CHA Rural Healthcare Center Board
Ms. Spurgeon currently serves as the 2016 Treasurer on the Alpha Council Board.
- 2015 Treasurer for the Alpha Council
- 2014 Secretary for the Alpha Council
- 2013 Secretary for the Alpha Council
DISTRICT HOSPITAL LEADERSHIP FORUM
Ms. Spurgeon is also a member of the Board of Directors of the District Hospital Leadership Forum.
OVERSIGHT BOARD FOR THE SUCCESSOR AGENCY OF THE REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY OF THE CITY OF COALINGA
- 2016 Vice-Chairperson
- 2015 Vice-Chairperson
- 2014 Vice-Chairperson
- 2013 Vice-Chairperson
- 2012 Vice-Chairperson
She received her Bachelor of Science degree in Management and a minor in Psychology from California State University, Fresno.
Chief Financial Officer
Sandra Earls has been the Chief Financial Officer for CRMC since August 2008. She has been with the hospital since August 1981 with managerial duties since 1987 that include Business Office Manager, Fiscal Activities Supervisor, Assistant Controller and Controller.
Sandra graduated from West Hills College with an Associates Arts degree in Accounting. She has been with the hospital through many exciting and challenging times. Sandra was instrumental in the passage of Measure M, the General Obligation Bond that was overwhelming passed by our community to construct the new hospital on Phelps Avenue .
Family is very important to Sandra. She has been married for 26 years to her high school sweetheart, Mack. They have two children that have made her very proud. Sandra has been active at the School District in volunteering and fund-raising. She coached a variety of youth sports programs throughout the years.
Mary Davis, RN, BSN
Director of Nursing, Skilled Nursing Facility
Mary Davis, RN, BSN, DON, Skilled Nursing, brings 32 years of nursing experience to Coalinga Regional Medical Center. Mary earned her Bachelor’s degree from Mountain State University in Beckley, West Virginia.
Mary came to Coalinga in 2008 as a travel nurse at Ralph Neate Extended Care and converted to full time on January 16, 2012. She was appointed as the Interim Skilled Nursing Director on September 28, 2015 and became the Director of the Skilled Nursing Unit on January 17, 2016.
Originally from West Virginia, Mary and her husband have been married for 25 years and have two sons and two grandsons who reside in West Virginia.